Globus Connect Server v5.4 Is Now Available
July 26, 2020 | Vas Vasiliadis
The highly anticipated v5.4 of Globus Connect Server is now available. This release continues our march towards a unified Globus Connect Server v5 platform that incorporates all relevant features from prior versions.
Notable new features in the latest release include:
- Support for endpoint with multiple DTNs, providing greater transfer throughput and ensuring service availability in the event that a DTN fails
- Access to standard and High Assurance collections on the same endpoint, controlled by user-defined policies
- Feature-rich command line interface for endpoint management, making it easier to maintain DTN cluster and collection configurations
- New, OAuth based access management architecture, replacing user certificates (yay!) and incorporating endpoint level user consents
- Support for multiple identity domains, enabling more flexible data access policies
- Configurable identity mapping system, with multiple models for mapping user identities to local system accounts
- Automated migration from Globus Connect Server v5.3
Globus Connect Server v5.4 builds on many of the new enhancements we already incorporated in prior versions, including:
- Connectors for a growing list of storage systems, including Google Cloud Storage, Google Drive, Spectra Logic, Box, Amazon S3, and many other S3-compatible systems
- Enhanced, role based endpoint management
- Guest (shared) collection root selection via browse
- Management of protected data including HIPAA regulated data
Watch a video where we walk through an installation and highlight some of the new features.
Register to attend our walk through of the new release, followed by Q&A with the Globus product team, to learn more.
Questions? Contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- GCS v5 terminology overview – brush up on new concepts like Collections and Gateways
- Globus Connect Server Installation Guide - Install and configure a GCS v5 endpoint
- Data Access Guide - Manage storage gateways and collections on your GCS v5 endpoints
- Identity Mapping Guide - Configure the mechanism used to map Globus identities to local user accounts